Appalling claims service

Lindsey64's review of AA Car Insurance www.theaa.com

“Appalling claims service”

Written on: 08/12/2019 by Lindsey64 (1 review written)

I have AA comprehensive car insurance and I am currently going through a claim with them. I was hit in the front wing by a car who went through a red light on a roundabout as I was pulling out on a green. The driver admitted liability! The underwriter put me through to Claimfast, which is where I think the problem lies. To avoid the payment of the excess, and claiming it back later, ONLY if the third party admitted liability you could have a hire car and the repair done and not pay the excess upfront. An option I chose. There was also an insurance that guaranteed you didn’t incur costs from the care hire. That was September. I did receive a call from Claimfast not long ago, I couldn’t speak long, so was told briefly that the claim was coming to an end and the paperwork would be in the post. It is now...December, I am receiving paperwork with regards to the car hire and going to court if they are unable to recover those costs and also paperwork with regards to the accident itself ie sketches, statement, witnesses etc. The letter also informs me that if not enough evidence is provided they may not be able to put full blame on the third party. I was told before this started they had admitted liability. Appalling service so far from the AA, the underwriter and Claimfast. Causing undue stress, when people have enough as it is!!!

• Currently Claiming

Have you made a Claim

• Best Cover

Reason for going with this company

• Comprehensive

Cover Taken

• Lady Driver

Driver Type

• Post office

Previous Insurance Company

The Aa's Comment

Written on: 10/12/2019

Hi there, we're sorry to hear you've been left feeling unhappy with the claim process. We'd lik eto have the team look into this further for you. Please email your full name, policy number, home address including postcode and contact number to us with a copy of this review.