Stay away.

Blessy's review of AA Car Insurance www.theaa.com

“Stay away.”

Written on: 01/10/2019 by Blessy (13 reviews written)

So I had my insurance for 6 months, not problems there.

I sold my car and bought a new one, insured with another company.

I rang the AA to cancel my policy, who told me I had to pay off my balance "in full" of £92.85. A few days later I cancelled my direct debit. A few days after that I got a letter saying I owed them a £12 fee for cancelling my direct debit, EVEN THOUGH I HAD PAID THE FULL BALANCE OFF.

So I rang them up and they say I still had £30.30 left to pay on my policy. What? I paid it off IN FULL. I even have the phone call recording to prove it.

The AA will tell you that your balance is fully paid, but it won't be for some reason, then you cancel the direct debit and they charge you a £12 admin fee.

I will be contacting the ombudsman.

Have you made a Claim

• Auto Renewed

Reason for going with this company

• Comprehensive

Cover Taken

• Male Driver

Driver Type

The Aa's Response to Blessy's Review

Written on: 02/10/2019

We're sorry to hear you've experienced a problem when you needed to cancel your policy. We hope you've raised your concerns with our Customer Care team in relation to the additional charge if the reason for the charge was not fully explained.