AVOID

274Roberts's review of OK Rent A Car - www.okrentacar.es

“AVOID”

Written on: 25/11/2021 by 274Roberts (1 review written)

AVOID OKMobility Rent a Car

I'm shocked in myself that i didn't check the reviews, but as Rentalcars.com list them in their quotes, i trusted them. The bad reviews exactly reflects my own experience and I even see the same terminology that has gone through my mind to describe the same thing that happened to me.

I upgraded the car at the hire desk in Alicante, and switched to a one way hire, again at their hire desk.

When I returned the car at Malaga Airport, a mob of Okmobility staff set about taking photos in the darkness of the dimly lit return area, using the lights on their phones. They took photo’s of the most minor of marks, and I repeat marks, not even scratches i.e. that in my opinion would already have either been there in the first place, or could be polished out. Lets say from my vast experience of owning cars and hiring cars for decades, it was at worst fair wear.

The staff were extremely rude, and kept me waiting for an entire hour whilst they concocted a claim, which they eventually asked me to sign for. I noticed there was a total figure hand written down which was almost €1,500. So naturally I refused to sign it. At that point the staff (3 of them who I took photo’s of), became extremely agitated, wrote more stuff another piece of paper which they handed to me, and I refused to take that also. The main instigator, entered something onto the computer, took his coat and left.

On arrival before this happened, I explained I was there to drop that car off, and collect another one for a 2day hire, which I’d hired directly from their web site (OK Mobility). I showed them the booking reservation on my phone.

So I continued to wait patiently, and after around 20mins of being ignored, I reminded the remaining staff (2 of them) that I still have a contract for another car. Only at that point did they choose to inform me that I was banned from hiring their cars!!!!! So I was actually kept waiting intentionally, which makes me wonder how long I could’ve been left waiting!

This is the first issue I’ve ever had with a hire car compnay like this, and this was the first time I’d ever used OK Mobility, so no coincidence there. Noticeably there were two other customers either side of me, and both were having issues and I’ve not seen that at a hire desk before either. So there is clearly and agenda with this company.

The first car was hired through Rentalcars.com with a damage excess of €1,200 and they took €1,500.

The 2nd car which was hired direct (email confirmation attached) was never honoured by them, so i'm out of pocket for that hire too.

I think its also noteworthy, that I’ve never damaged Hire cars, or my own cars which are usually very large, nor the car which I hired in the immediate 2day period afterwards, I can prove all this, as well as providing proof of no claims on my own insurance for more than 10years.

I am long enough in tooth, to know that minor scuffs or marks are considered as normal wear and tear, and that paying to have such scuff’s buffed out would only cost a couple of hundred Euro’s at the very most.

I found the entire fiasco and the way in which I was treated was almost like being held up by a bunch of unruly hijackers having a laugh at my expense. The whole experience was extremely demeaning, unprofessional and somewhat traumatising. Had I been heading off for a flight I would’ve missed it.

I get the feeling I was lured intentionally into upgrading to a more expensive car. In my opinion the Hirer lost the opportunity to mutually agree, and sign for any existing notable damages at the commencement of the rental.

For those, like me who either lost their phone or took unidentifiable or unclear photo’s should not have their bank accounts hijacked in this way. Taking money from people without consensual agreement.

Steer clear of them.