OK Rent A Car - www.okrentacar.es Review

vmHuffman148's review of OK Rent A Car - www.okrentacar.es

“I booked a car to pick up from OK Rent a Car in the...”

Written on: 05/09/2020 by vmHuffman148 (1 review written)

I booked a car to pick up from OK Rent a Car in the terminal at Rome Fiumicino airport on 2 August.
I selected 'in terminal' on the booking site.
When I arrived at Fiumicino there was no OK Rent a Car office in the terminal. The voucher from OK Rent a car said go outside and look for a black minibus with the OK Rent a Car logo.
There was no such minubus.
The phone number on the car voucher was a Spanish number - although we were in Italy. It didn't respond anyway when I tried to call.
I had to find the OK Rent a Car office by doing my own research and finding my own means of transport to get there.
When I finally got there, hours later, and challenged them about the location they said they "had moved from the terminal two days ago".
The website still claims that the OK Rent a Car office is 'in terminal'. I have a screenshot of this.
I have been deliberately misled and massively inconvenienced. I wrote to OK on 8 August to demand reasonable compensation for
- the price differential between in-terminal and distant locations requiring a shuttle
- the lack of shuttle transport provided between the terminal and the OK office
- the time lost from my holiday
- the stress cause by all the above
It is now 4 September and I have had no reply from OK. What is worse, they have still not returned the £1086 deposit they took from my credit card, although they agreed there was no damage to the car when I returned it on 18 August. I am now having to pay interest on the credit card debt. If the deposit is not returned in the next 7 days I will contact the Italian and Spanish police about this.