could be better

docsta's review of Drivalia Car Rental - www.drivalia.com

“could be better”

Written on: 05/09/2019 by docsta (1 review written)

Picked the car up at 11.30pm, felt rushed has we picked the car up in the dark. Spotted a few blemishes which the rep said was fine has it had to be 10mm. I took various pictures anyway which was always going to be difficult in the dark. The car was fine to drive, clean inside, economical and good to drive. The next morning I spotted a couple of other small marks which I took pictures of and also retook the same pictures from the night before.
We returned to car and the agent said there was a mark/scratch on the bottom boot bumper which I explained was there before and I have picture evidence. She wasn't happy with that and subjected us to a terrible ordeal of accusations which also included doing 5000km in 2 weeks. After when another agent came out to confirm I had only done 1200km and she was looking at the wrong dial lol. The mark/scratch was a scuff which I helped rub out with elbow grease and a dry cloth. The matter was then closed and I received a OK stamp on my invoice. I feel though for me and my family to be subjected to this type of integration for this issue was very excessive and unnecessary. Won't be using again. Too stressful to deal at the end of a holiday.

P.S. Would you believe I spent 20 mins washing and vacuuming the car before I dropped it off spending 5 euros. Never again

Drivalia_Car_Rental's Response to docsta's Review

Written on: 06/09/2019

Dear Customer,

We are sorry if you feel unhappy although we welcome this opportunity to explain any confusion.

Firstly it is important to point out that when you collected your car you were advised correctly that the damages that you saw were not classed as "chargeable" and this is why they were not reflected on your condition report. On the return, you were not charged for anything although I would like to address your concern as I have spoken to the member of staff who checked your car.

The person in question is new at the company and she got confused over one of the dials which lead to her confusion over the total km´s on the car. Naturally, this was verified and we always do verify any excess mileage amounts.

The colleague said that she did see a mark on the car but actually I am very pleased with her reaction and it was in line with company policy. As a car hire company we are in a position where on some of the lower cost basic packages the customer does have to pay if there are any damages on the car but in this case, quite rightly she identified what looked, at first sight like a scratch and went to our store to get a chemical to see if this was a damage, if it could be removed or if it was something that they would be able to polish away. This is a testimony to the steps that we go to in order to ensure that when we do have to charge for a damage we are absolutely sure that it i a valid damage on the car.

If anything, perhaps she could have explained better but she tells me that she did inform you that she was checking this in order to help you and I do believe that she was trying to give a good service rather than cause stress to you.

We apologise if you feel unhappy with the way that the situation was handled.

All the best