No after hours drop off at Christchurch Airport unless sched

Apex Car Rental New Zealand - www.apexrentals.co.nz
3.3

kqCombs331's review of Apex Car Rental New Zealand - www.apexrentals.co.nz

“No after hours drop off at Christchurch Airport unless...”

written by kqCombs331 on 20/11/2023

There was no after hours drop off at Christchurch Airport location, unless scheduled beforehand, but they don't let you know this beforehand when renting from Queenstown. I wouldn't rent with them again. I rented from Queenstown with a drop off at Christchurch Airport. My flight left at 8:35 am and on the contract said I was dropping off at 8 am. I assumed that there would be an after hours drop off since it is an airport location. When I showed up at 6 am to drop off car, I was met by a locked gate and no after hours information. I missed my flight and had to spend $745 for same day tickets on a later flight. I've never rented from an airport car rental with no after hours key drop.

I felt as though Queenstown should have given me the information when I rented with them. When I contacted them, they didn't seem to care. I was hoping to inform them so others wouldn't experience what I did.

I learned my lesson and next time will rent with Hertz or Avis, in the end, Apex cost me a lot more money and stress.