DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME ON IT

RussellKennedy228's review of Art Car Rentals www.art-carrentals-crete.com

“DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME ON IT”

Written on: 08/09/2019 by RussellKennedy228 (1 review written)

Before you read my feedback I wanna highlight couple of facts, so ppl can keep them in mind while reading my review:
1. It's my first car rental experience.
2. It's the first time I visited Crete/Greece.
So obviously I have had some doubts and lots of questions and all I wanted is a smooth holiday without any stressful situations...

I have booked a car in Art Car Rentals (will call it ACR further) for two weeks. I have received a confirmation email and have successfully forgotten about it. When I arrived I have went to my hotel and in the morning I have got the message from ACR representative. He was saying that they were waiting for me in the airport. Okay. My bad. I did not read the email carefully, which was saying (in tiny little letters) that they will meet me at delivery point. It's totally my fault so I apologized.

The very next day I wanted to re-book a car with couple of changes and to ask some questions that I had. The ACR Representative has answered to my call and started to give me some evasive answers like: it's no risk to you; full insurance; no deposit; you can trust me; etc...
I told him that it's the first time I want to rent a car in a foreign country, and he replied: "You want a car or not? If you want the car, just book it online. If you don't trust me, then it's okay. We are fully booked; we are busy now; we were waiting for you in the airport, and you didn't come..." Okay, in sum, I did not get the answers and had to apologize for a 2nd time after calling him.

Obviously he did not want to spend his time on discussions. So I booked a car once again and got a confirmation email. Besides we agreed to meet in our hotel in a WhatsApp messenger.

One day before the meeting, I have asked the Representative two simple questions:
1. Is everything still in force?
2. Can you bring an English version of a contract?
The reply was like: please do not start to check all the contract cause my father will not give you the car. The contract has 2000 letters and we are very busy tomorrow. Sorry but we work in a different way. We are a family business not international. If you have any doubts, it is ok to cancel.
I said: okay, but I prefer to read a contract before I sign it. can we meet a bit earlier?
The reply was: Ok, sorry but we cannot work like this. We waited for you in the airport, nobody appeared. You asked me so many questions, i answered you. So if you do not trust me, is ok. But we cannot waste our time for no reason. So I proceed the cancellations.

Okay, instead of an answer I have gotten some doubts about the company's competence, one more time I have been blamed for my first fault. And finally I have gotten a cancellation of a booking. Nice combo though :D

To sum up, I would like to recommend to stay away from the ACR and to not waste your time on this super-family-business. Because:
1. If you ask too many questions, you might get your booking cancelled.
2. If you want to read a contract carefully, you might get your booking cancelled.
3. If you having some doubts, you might get your booking cancelled.
And keep in mind that these guys are SUPER BUSY, so don't waste your time...

P.s. if you need some proofs, you can DM to me.
P.p.s. I have gotten a car from another company. Much cheaper, and without such problems. But I won't highlight the company's name, so nobody thinks that's an advertisement.

Artcarrentals's Comment

Written on: 10/09/2019

Art Car Rentals

First of all to make a review for a company you have to know the name of it. Is ART and no ACR like you have written. From everybody could understand how much you know about us. Secondly before you made the booking - the first one that you never appeared and we wait for you for 1 hour and a half- you could EASILY ask everything and we would answer like we have done 10 times for you. Finally our contracts are in English and in Russian and everybody could see the terms and after sign or not.

As for the reservation this man, firstly he had made one reservation for 05.30 in the morning and we waited him for an hour and a half. Nobody came, even a phone call... We sent him through whatsapp and he answered aorry and sorry, in September when we are everyday fully booked and we try our best for our clients. The same we tried for him, but maybe was not only his first rental, was maybe his first booking of car rental and he didn' t know at all what he wants in messages. He had to be given the car at the airport - was non shown and he asked from us to deliver if possible the car in malia at his hotel . We said yes and after he changed his mind and he wanted the car for 7 days and 14 as was mentioned in his Voucher. We said again YES and we answered again his questions, the same. Maybe he was also unsafe to drive the car cause the questions was about damages and insurances. One day before he sent us again, We said all ok but again the same questions after our effort, despite his disponsibility , unreliability for his reservations. I took the responsibility as a manager that wants to cooperate well with people and customers to cancel this reservation cause this man didn't know what he wanted from his vacation first of all and after from the car hire. We decided not to give him the car for 2 reasons: his behaviour that shows us that the reservation will not be completed and the car will be not given to a customer that REALLY WANTS and for protection for other people and car from his FIRST CAR RENTAL driving.

As a company we do not accept behaviour like this and we will be on the spot for customers with honesty and responsibility. It was a gift for us to communicate with a person like him, who wants to play ( 1 reservation non shown, the other caused by him the cancellation probably to make this review). But we are open in any case to all of the clients , except him, to see everything. Our contract, our terms, our spots, our cars (brand new) , everything that they want. And we will try to give our best like in this case in which we tried to service ( we could easily say to him NO from begining , like he didn't respect us from his first non shown reservation) and we will be in top service for all of our customers.

Sincerely