Horrible experience!

Frazier312's review of TravelWheels www.travelwheels.com.au

“Horrible experience!”

Written on: 29/03/2016 by Frazier312 (1 review written)

My sister and I joined my parents for their tour around Australia. Since we haven't seen them for half a year by then, and Australia has always been our dream holiday destination, and, on top of that, it was Christmas, my parents wanted everything to be perfect. They booked the van two months in advance. When they arrived in Sydney, the day before we were supposed to pick up the van, they decided to go up to the rental place, to sign all the papers and have everything ready when we arrived the next day. When my sister and I arrived the next day, after having travelled for nearly three days (we flew all the way from Poland), it turned out that the van my parents rented didn't meet the description (and the pictures!!!!) that was given on Trawelwheels' website. The front pane was broken, all of the sides of the van were dented. The interior smelled nasty, the fridge was rusty, and the shelves and seats oily. The upper bed smelled of urine, and there were definately leftovers of a poo (I was trying to convince myself it was chocolate all way long) on one of the cushions. When we complained about the standard of the van to the owner, he reacted very aggresively. He was well aware that the vehicle didn't meet the descriptions, yet he didn't want to make any effort to make it better for us. He offended us a couple of times (said that I was dillusional), and after a dozen of strong arguments we were given a van of similar standard, but at least the front pane was not broken. The brakes made a very weird sound while stopping and I'm positive they were in a vey poor condition. The vehicle looked very old, and was very hard to drive. Although we had 4 drivers on board, only my dad was brave enough to stand up to the task. He's got 30 years experience in driving and still says he's never driven such a thing. Beware of travelwheels!