Altas Car & Truck Rental (NSW) - TERRIBLE TERRIBLE BUSINESS

Guest's review of Altas Car & Truck Rental - www.atlasrent.com.au

“Altas Car & Truck Rental (NSW) - TERRIBLE TERRIBLE...”

Written on: 05/09/2013

THREE Major Problem with my 1 day hire with Altas Car & Truck Rental (NSW):

1) The Fact that Airport pick up is off site was not made clear at the point of booking when booked through their 3rd party websites. Pick up was late, and the site was not close by. It is located deep within some industrial warehouse and because of this, I was 1.5 - 2hrs behind schedule just waiting at the airport.

2) I was travelling alone but booked and paid for a Nissan X-trailer due to my long driving trip on the highway but when I turned up, I was assigned the Hyundai iMAX people mover. When questioned as to why is it not a X-trailer, I was told that it was the only vehicle on site available and the contract states that they can assign customers with a vehicle similar to the booking. They said to me a Hyundai iMAX people mover is similar to and Nissan X-Trailer light SUV. Attitude was take it or forfeit the booking and did not even apologies

3) The car I was handed over was the same car that was used that came and picked us up at the airport. Trip from the pick up location to the airport was 30mins each way. The VAN was not topped up prior to them handing me over the keys. Call me petty but I don't think it is fair that I am paying for the petrol for that 1 hour long round trip.

I was behind schedule already and quiet frankly I was just too tired and annoyed to argue on the day anymore so I just took the van and drove off. I have never ever posted any sort of reviews on the internet before but I just don't think that this is the way people should be conducting businesses.

It might seem like you are getting a good deal but at the end, it is just not worth the trouble. So my advice is DON'T RENT FROM THIS PLACE!!!