Disgraceful Company- rotten to the core

• Customer service

Butterflies78's review of Evans Halshaw, Mansfield, East Midlands

“Disgraceful Company- rotten to the core”

Written on: 20/08/2013 by Butterflies78 (1 review written)

After what can be described as a terrible and emotionally draining experience for my husband and I, I plead to all potential customers wanting to purchase from this dealer not to even bother.

Our story
We had a finance agreement from evans [email protected] Chilwell but seeing a great car at Mansfield off we went very excited on my husbands only day off for the week. The first salesman was very nice although we has to seek help- then having a peek at the other plots there (3 very close to one another)
We returned to Citroen E.H. And asked to look around this Citroen C5 we were passed over to a chap on his first day- fine everyone has a first day on a job, though felt he had no training on the computer or customer relations, and upon every question we asked he needed to seek help for an answer-which in hindsight just proves that these salesman have to dance to the tune of the business manger there who came to be our Nemesis!
Everything seemed to be going well until the young lad went to get the finance signed off, which was all fine from the off as we had made this clear to all staff we dealt with that we had this agreeed finance. The Business manger- blocked this with a very feeble excuse that they don't do finance outside their company? And that we would have to take finance with them-Then speaking to the finance guy we had dealt with was baffled as he had done a transaction with them the previous day-
My husband went though the finance process yet again and we left having been there most of our day off. Being assured someone will get back to us! How wrong we were, after many phone calls emails and answer machines messages from our end, we got fobbed off by excuse after excuse- too many to go into detail but it involved 2 different cars and backtracking on their 'policy' on not using other finance agreements!
After 2 weeks we were told we couldn't have the 3rd car of choice because of one bit of paper the business manger refused to sort out, one word seems to come to mind, and it isn't very pleasant!

So we told them to stick it they obviously don't need the money, the sale or the hassle of paperwork.

After having this trouble this company was recently on the BBC programme Don't get Done- get Dom and this programme highlighted its poor customer service- so please I've not put this story on for the fun if it, I have better things to do, but to urge potential customers to please be careful when dealing with this company, and I hope the people pulling the strings realise they are playing the stereotypical used cars salesman perfectly- as a bunch of twits! And to take their poles out if their bottoms!

• Customer service