Terrible customer service.

• Customer service

AdieG's review of Evans Halshaw - www.evanshalshaw.com

“Terrible customer service.”

Written on: 12/10/2020 by AdieG (1 review written)

This has got to be the worse car dealership I have ever had the misfortune of buying a car from.

I purchased a used Ford CMax from the Milton Keynes branch on 13th April 2019 and had issues from the start. Within the first week, I reported a few problems - two illegal front tyres, a missing tow bar and finally ongoing problems with the AC. The first two faults were resolved within 3 months but the problem with the AC was eventually passed over to the St Albans branch to rectify. This was eventually resolved, (or so I thought) on 25th September 2019, 5 months after the initial purchase. I was told a new compressor and pipes were fitted and this appeared to be the case because the AC finally worked. It would have been nice to have had this completed for the hot 2019 summer but the work kept getting cancelled for one reason or another so I had to make do.

At the end of August 2020, I noticed the AC was faulty again so I took it to my local garage to be checked. They confirmed that the compressor was leaking and it was quite possibly a pinched 'O ring' which could have happened when it was fitted. I reported this to the St Albans branch who told me the compressor should have a year’s guarantee but they wouldn't be able to fix it due to the branch closing. It was suggested that I got in touch with the Milton Keynes branch to resolve the issue. I spoke to Milton Keynes and I was then told to get in touch with the Hemel branch. Feeling like I was being passed from pillar to post and an issue that started last year was still not being taken seriously enough or being resolved I wrote an email on September 8th complaining and asking what could be done to resolve this. Shortly after, I went down with Covid and was laid up for a few weeks so I wasn’t in the best position to chase this up but was hopeful I would receive a satisfactory response. Unfortunately, 20 days later, this did not come so I sent a follow-up email to see if there was any news but got the same response, ‘call the Hemel branch’. I was a bit surprised by this, usually, when you make a complaint it’s usual procedure to respond but Evans Halshaw does not appear to take customer complaints seriously and believe ignoring them is the best way to deal with them. I did call the Hemel branch and after a few attempts got through to the service department on 1st Oct. My details were taken and I was told someone would be in touch to help. However, over a week later I am still waiting for this call but this does not surprise me.

So the A/C part will now be out of guarantee, that is if it was actually replaced it in the first place and not patched it up. I am now looking at an expensive repair bill to put this right and after being unemployed throughout the summer and now only working part-time it’s an expense I can do without.

I understand there have been redundancies and branch closures but I do feel it’s imperative to look after your existing customers if you want to them to return and recommend your business. I am really disappointed with the service I received.

• Customer service