Poor Quality, Poor Customer Service

GBAYNHAM's review of Ultimate Car Mats - www.ultimatecarmats.co.uk

“Poor Quality, Poor Customer Service”

Written on: 20/04/2018 by GBAYNHAM (1 review written)

The quality and fit of these mats is very poor for the price. I bought a set of their 'Premium' mats for a BMW 3 series, the most expensive they offer, with the promise of luxurious deep twist pile.

First - the colour. Black. Can't go wrong with black. Nope, they are a shiny nylon which actually looks more like a grey fleck. When queried, I was told not to look at them in direct sunlight! I took this piece of poor customer service as a sign that I would not get much joy here.

I required the 2 x Velcro fitting for my car. The Velcro fitting is a small piece of Velcro tape at each side. After a week of driving, the tape has come unstuck from the back of the carpet and the mats slide forward dangerously under the pedals. I keep lifting and pressing the Velcro to the back of the mats, but will have to glue eventually.Terrible.

The luxurious pile of their top end mats is er... average at best. It's not deep, or luxurious. You can buy far better mats at Halfords for less money.

I feel fairly badly treated by Ultimate Car Mats, as their mats are anything but 'Ultimate', and their service was very slow. I have attempted to remedy this with them, but they are very much at the defensive and confrontational end of the customer service spectrum. I'd avoid and shop somewhere that values your continued custom and views, rather than grabbing your money once - just once