Had an appalling experience with part exchanges offer.

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

jwestern's review of York Camera Mart

“Had an appalling experience with part exchanges offer.”

Written on: 07/02/2012 by jwestern (1 review written)

I went into this shop to do a potential part exchange on my camera as I wanted to upgrade. I was shocked by how low a valuation I got for my equipment. Now, my camera is a boxed Sony a390 in excellent condition with Jessops flashgun and an additional Sony 75-300mm lens, also boxed. Now www.cex.co.uk, A HIGH STREET trader were willing to offer me £325 for the same equipment part exchange while here they offered me a mere £200. This would mean I would be losing what could be worth up to £350 for £200 to them and additionally I would have had to pay around £200 extra for the camera I wanted. So, a £400 camera would be costing me nearly £550. Now, I know shop profit needs to be made, but that is extortionate in my opinion.
When I asked about other options, there were none. It was either this deal or nothing. I doubt it very much if I'm going to trade with this store again.

• York Camera Mart

Branch Visited

• I didn't purchase anything ultimately.

• Quality of service