BEWARE: Said Barclay's twice refused to accept refund to me!

• Customer service

1976Ferguson's review of Simply Business www.simplybusiness.co.uk

“BEWARE: Said Barclay's twice refused to accept refund...”

Written on: 28/08/2015 by 1976Ferguson (1 review written)

I 'phoned Simply Business for a refund of £299 to my account for a contract for garden worker insurance starting in one week's time. This was a renewal not requested and not needed. SB took this money a day or two before.

1st phone call to SB: "Bank is refusing payment by us for refund into your account"
I said I would contact Barclay's.

2nd phone call to my Bank: Barclay's said: "We never refuse payments into an account"

3rd phone call to SB: Customer services said they would telephone me back after looking into this but their records said I had been paid.

No phone call back after one and half hours.

4th phone call SB: I explained the problem. They said they tried again and Barclay's were refusing to accept payment.

5th phone call Barclay's : They denied that either attempt to pay had been made.

6th phone call SB: "We are registering a refusal by the Bank to accept payment. I explain this cannot be true. They say "Could be a glitch in the system".
When pressed told me a manager would ring back the following morning. The manager in whose hands the problem was put - now we will see if he can sort it out!!