Savings easy

• Local Branch

• Cash Point Facility

jeeping's review of Newcastle Building Society

“Savings easy”

Written on: 27/11/2015 by jeeping (9 reviews written)

In 2013 I set up an online ISA account with a fixed rate for 5 years, which was the best option at the time. I found the process straight forward, I needed to visit a branch to confirm ID. There is no branch local to me, so I went to the Stokesley branch, everything was dealt with promptly and all was fine.
Logging into the account I found my initial deposit, logging is easy. There are 3 different q&a's to select, each answer is used randomly and then a random selection of the letters is used to log in securely, after the initial username and password.

The initial account stopped taking further deposits (which I knew would happen) so I opened another ISA and seperate savings account both with variable rates. The rates on both of these have dropped several times, which I have been notified about in writing in advance, but they still offer a good rate. I transfer money into the account several times per month via internet banking, it usually shows the same or next day. I have withdrawn money online and this been transferred to another bank account relatively quickly, not express speed but fast enough.

I will continue to use until another savings provider offers a better option.

• Internet Banking