harrasment at work

• Local Branch

• Cash Point Facility

hsBrady294's review of Newcastle Building Society

“harrasment at work”

Written on: 11/07/2015 by hsBrady294 (1 review written)

This is by far the worst employer I have had. I recieved agest comments on a regular basis e.g. "why don't you work with people your own age" "when are you retiring" "what can a 50yr old do". Manegment were aware of these and eventually spoke to the perpetrators. I did not have a personal development plan yet younger colleagues and student placements do (so much for the people stratergy). This all seemed to follow on from a complaint against a team leader for harrasment, who later was promoted to a managerial position. I also questioned a decision made by a manager; there was no procedure in place to guide the decision making prosess - at this stage I recieved what was termed as friedly advice, to "get some outside help as I would need it". One of the main unwarrented comments came from the senior manager of the IT Services Group. He stated that he knew I was stressed out due to my mother being unwell. She had died the previous year.