DO NOT TRUST THIS BS WITH SAVINGS

• Internet Banking

• Local Branch

• Cash Point Facility

JBrewer123's review of Nationwide Building Society

“DO NOT TRUST THIS BS WITH SAVINGS ”

Written on: 20/10/2020 by JBrewer123 (1 review written)

I have held 2 accounts wit Nationwide for over 14 years. And have never had any problems until recently. However, my husband and myself recently opened another account with them for savings as we were about to complete on a property sale and the proceeds we wanted kept separate. Our solicitor sent via CHAPs our funds which were declined by Nationwide but if took 5 days to find this out as firstly customer services said no money had been sent. We were told 3 different reasons why the payment was refused, one of which by a CS services advisor that new legislation was brought in ‘sometime’ this year saying all payments had to be made to the payees initials NOT the full Christian names. Whilst another said that only our surname had been used for the transaction. The Financial services ombudsman confirmed no such legislation had been made. 6 days on and the money has not been received back to our solicitor - this should not be allowed and surely is highly suspicious, worrying and incompetent. When we finally find the funds and I pray we do.

• Telephone Banking