Don't waste your time

• Cash Point Facility

Guest's review of Coventry Building Society

“Don't waste your time”

Written on: 11/08/2021

My goodness am I astounded at the poor mental attributes of the staff at the Highworth branch of the Coventry Building Society. It's not the first time I've been shocked at their attitude and I can tell you this: If you don't respond to them in the manner which they demand then they'll make life very difficult for you. My latest trip resulted in a closed account which involved me eventually depositing my money with the Post Office. I was already an account holder with an existing balance and they would not take my word for the fact that the 3 grand I was trying to deposit was from the honest private sale of a motorcycle. I remonstrated but was told that I should have brought some kind of documentary evidence which determined exactly how the funds came into my possession. I kid you not when I tell you the manager suggested a bill of sale, a screenshot of an eBay advert or the green DVLA transfer slip. I can't imagine how a hand written copy of receipt would have been evidence enough. I struggle to grasp even the concept of just exactly how a screenshot of a motorcycle advert could possibly even allude to a sum of money but that's the kind of mental attribute you'll have to deal with in-branch. In hindsight I should have just gone on ebay and searched for motorcycles for sale, pointed to one and said "That's mine, I just haven't taken down the advert yet". But when they're being that objectionable about a deposit then a decision has to be made as to whether you want to carry on a relationship with them.

• Telephone Banking