Ultra slim doors .

Jumpingjacks's review of Sunseeker Doors Aluminium Bifolding Doors

“Ultra slim doors . ”

Written on: 10/02/2013 by Jumpingjacks (1 review written)

I had some ultra slim doors installed in my house in December . Love the doors ! look the part in my modern open plan , white high gloss kitchen area . Slim frames = So much more glass . Just what I wanted .
Prior to ordering I was a little apprehensive having read a couple of negative reviews on this site . Unsure if the reviews were genuine or maybe rival competitors trying some dirty tricks ,  I decided to visit the factory and office . I was spending a large amount of money and needed piece of mind .
The factory and office is like going back in time ! No showroom , no coffee machines , no leather chairs , plasma televisions etc . You walk through the factory to get to the office , passing men and women who are carrying glass , painting frames and hand making the doors . Into the small office with file cabinets , paper files on desks and a couple of computers and 2 members of staff . Very friendly introduction and  then back into the factory where the doors were shown to me , on some form of rig . During my visit , the office phones were constantly ringing and although some calls were missed , due to talking to me , my visit put my mind at rest .
I placed the order . Survey was done within a week and installation booked . The fitters turned up on the agreed date . A little late , I was told between 9am and 10am . Arrived at 11am and blamed traffic on the M25 . A phone call on route would have been appreciated . This is my only grumble really ! Doors were installed in a few hours . The 2 fitters tidied up after and then showed me how to work my doors . Lovely job !

Truthordare's Response to Jumpingjacks's Review

Written on: 29/04/2013

I'm interested in the Ultra slim doors too but much like you, have been spooked by the mixed reviews on this site and others - 5* or 1*. I was going to try to visit their factory too or try to speak to some customers to try to get peace of mind. Sunseeker seem fine until something goes wrong from what I can tell and my gut instinct tells me to go elswhere but I really want this style of door - both the thin profile and novel pivot mechanism. How are yours 2 months on? Also, the rep told me a story about how they don't need to be FENSA registered but wasn't convinced?

Jacobofisiah's reply to Truthordare's Comment

Written on: 10/06/2013

Hi! I am also looking at the slide and pivot ultra slim doors and visited the factory today. I have to say I was really impressed with the doors, especially when compared alongside the standard bifolds - those wide profiles are a real turn off. So, please jumping jack tell us what you think a few months on! They seem to be quite as all set up and I guess they cannot be excellent in very aspect of what they do.they seem to be a producing a amity product (tough I'm worried about what other reviewers have said about faulty seal) and I'm not bothered about the lack of flashy showroom (in fact I quite like that) but its seem there after sales service is not that good. Anyhow, wold love to know how e doers are performing. Did you manage to negotiate the price by the way?!

Bee's reply to Truthordare's Comment

Written on: 03/07/2013

FENSA registration is not compulsory, it's like a club or union where members pay a fee and get benefits. There are more important things to be aware of: The CE mark is now compulsory on external glazed doors and there should also be a kite mark on sealed glazing units.