To scared to use my Vivaciti web hosting now - HELP

• Reliability

• Speed Consistency

mandy2014's review of Vivaciti Broadband www.vivaciti.com

“To scared to use my Vivaciti web hosting now - HELP”

Written on: 29/06/2014 by mandy2014 (1 review written)

Desperate for help please - To scared to use my Vivaciti web hosting now

IP address keeps getting blocked by vivaciti firewall

For the past few days I am continually having my IP address blocked by my free web hosting service at vivaciti. Who ever the person is at the other end, seem to just keep repeating there is some "Odd Stuff" or some "Odd file Requests" But I tried to explain all I was doing, downloading (Free software) stuff like you find at Softaculous. Dotclear, open-blog, Textpattern Etc (as I was looking to install a blog). Here is what I was doing, downloading the blog software, un-packing on my HDD, then uploading it with-in Filezilla to my web hosting, and installing it. (OK hands up, I did do a few in one day). Or making a personal back up first (of my site first), But this is all in the Error Log, right. I asked could they explain more, but all I keep getting is :-

The IP block has been removed but looking at the logs some "odd stuff" was going on through your connection to the web server. Can anyone please explain what is "ODD STUFF"? as I am no expert at 54 years old and a dippy female - but for a person (who is a server expert) and to keep repeating the same thing over and over, to me seem's as if they are confused.

Here is what I believe was wrong :-

Could I have been doing too much activity on the server account? and triggered some sort of attack? Or could my ISP have seen to much or many ports being connected and to much data and triggered some sort of malicious behavior to result in me not being able to connect to my server's forums/sites etc? Or excessive connectivity/activity to the server originating from the same IP. I was able to access the internet, google, and other internet sites, also my web hosting cPANEL but nothing else at vivaciti. They finally unblocked me, and again repeated the same "odd stuff was going on through your connection to the web server and looking through the access logs, we are seeing some very odd file requests coming from your IP address".

AGAIN I repeated,
All I was doing was downloading, blog software like open-blog, dotclear Etc un-packing and uploading via filezilla then installing and testing to see if I like it or not.

I am now afraid or to scared to sign in to my website because I not sure, what if it happened again and this person start throwing allegations, accusing me, or Bulling me again. So now I just am to scared because of this vivaciti bulling.

Can anyone help me please? My friend said ask vivaciti to white-list your IP, but I am to afraid to even ask, e-mail or suggest it now. After being with them since 2009 I do not really want to leave, but over the last few weeks (2 months) things seem to be getting them down with there personal problems and customers are suffering or getting the Blunt of things.

Many thanks to you for advice and help in adviance.

Mandy