Service & Customer Service is a Joke

• Reliability

• Speed Consistency

Maverick3138's review of Virgin Broadband www.virginmedia.com

“Service & Customer Service is a Joke”

Written on: 01/04/2022 by Maverick3138 (1 review written)

Every week from the moment I took Virgin Broadband, Phone & TV I was having 1-2 hours outage every Friday. Could almost set my watch to it.
Follow on with at least an hour of pointless testing through an app which told me nothing was wrong, then 20-30 minutes online and on a phoneline desperately trying to speak to something other than a 'bot' (I could even stomach listening to a cat meowing rather then a patronising bot telling me nothing is wrong) and then finally I get to speak to someone; who takes me through all of the checks all-over again and then disappears on hold for 5 minutes and hey-presto its all working; wow! It fixes itself each time after about 2 hours! Except they maintained there's nothing wrong.

On the last occasion it was a whole day... They then admitted there was a long standing fault and that if I wanted faultless internet I would need to pay for a business connection! They 'fixed it' and I informed them I was cancelling my direct debit until they paid back for all of the outages. They never did.

2 Months later and I still have no direct debit in place and am not inclined to put one in; but a robot phoned to tell me to pay my outstanding bill or be cut-off! Yes - a robot.

Unfortunately their online systems won't accept payment though bizarrely they all seem primed to accept a Direct Debit; and when you enquire for someone else who wants to purchase a package you get to speak to a human being in literally seconds.

I used to work for Virgin Atlantic and know Sir Richard Branson licenses the name to this appalling organisation; to be honest knowing he doesn't care about his brand anymore means I will probably never fly Virgin Atlantic again either.

As for Virgin Media - its a complete disgrace. If I could give Zero Stars for all aspects I would.

• Reliability