Very disappointed in price changes

• Reliability

• Speed Consistency

voHudson104's review of BT Connect Broadband www.btconnect.com

“Very disappointed in price changes”

Written on: 16/10/2020 by voHudson104 (1 review written)

I received an email telling me that our household broadband contract was coming to an end. BT kindly offered us options and I accepted the cheapest offer, which was a £5 per month increase (this represents a sixth extra on what we are currently paying). No sooner had I, reluctantly, signed up to the increase, the postman delivered a letter from BT telling me that my contract, in fact, ends in February, not immediately as inferred and, in my opinion, this was not clearly indicated on the email renewal.

So to recap the price for what our household receives has risen by 16% on top of the recent 1% (approx) annual rise, so effectively 17% (getting on for a fifth) and I have been coerced into paying it nearly five months early.

As a result of this I would not recommend BT and once the 2 year contract I am now bound to has expired I will be seeking a different provider.

As a final point the service here is also dismal with regular daily dropouts.

• Reliability