I had to fix my broken down vehicle myself - two days later!

• Speed of response

• Customer service

Finn1993's review of Start Rescue - www.startrescue.co.uk

“I had to fix my broken down vehicle myself - two days...”

Written on: 14/12/2020 by Finn1993 (1 review written)

I have already raised a complaint regarding this breakdown.

The driver who turned up did not have the tools to do the job. Though he was courteous, he left the car broken down and telling me the fault was a major electrical failure. This Left me feeling very anxious about what costs might be involved. After doing my own research, I fixed the fault myself by diagnosing a blown fuse!

A subsequent investigation by Start Rescue found in favour of their own services! Evidently, they think it is okay for a customer to pay for a breakdown insurance service and then have to make a relatively simple fix (a blown fuse!) of their own car at roadside several days later after doing some self research because Start Rescue could not fix the vehicle at roadside!

This service is a sham. They would rather just recover the vehicle without having a reasonable amount of expertise to fix it at roadside.

• Speed of response

• Customer service

Startrescue.co.ukcustomerservices's Comment

Written on: 16/12/2020

Dear startrescue.co.uk customer, we are sorry to find your comments. We would like to investigate your experience further for you, and would be grateful if you could contact our Breakdown Department where you can speak to a Supervisor anytime that's convenient for you. All contact options are detailed within the 'Contact' section on our website, you can even provide your details through the website and we will contact you at a time to suit you. With best wishes, the startrescue.co.uk team.