Shocking Service - Avoid

• Speed of response

• Customer service

York40's review of Emergency Assist Ltd - www.motorbreakdownrecovery.com

“Shocking Service - Avoid”

Written on: 17/09/2022 by York40 (1 review written)

Shocking experience overall. Refused to attend without an upfront payment of £670. On 13 August I called them as battery had drained due to lights being left on while sat with engine of.They took over 9 hours to attend. All it needed was a jump start which took 2 mins and a trip to garage after advised me there was nothing wrong with the battery. On 14 SEP during a long drive the engine cut out. Spent well over an hour on the phone to them trying to get assistance. They wanted £670 payment up front to recover me saying I had a non start issue over a month previously and as such I needed to prove it had been resolved. They knew the non start problem was due to the battery being drained due to lights being left and there was no issue to be resolved. They insisted without proof of this I would not be assisted from my unsafe location on A66 unless I paid them £670. I said they were holding me to ransom so I would pay ....they then put me in hold for over mins then hung up. Shocked and appalled by their gross negligence and lack of care. I paid a friend to come collect me. It was freezing cold and my signal on my phone was getting low. I then had to arrange collection of my own vehicle. I am shocked and appalled by their disgraceful response. The breakdown on 14 September and non start due to a drained battery were not connected so their behaviour can only be described as beyond attrocious. EMERGENCY ASSIST CANNOT BE RELIED UPON TO ASSIST IN AN EMERGENCY.....AVOID.
I have demanded return if my costs and will be pursuing through the courts due to their breach of contractual obligations if not satisfied.
Also be aware...when you breakdown I Have known them take at least 39 mins to answer the call before they even start trying to avoid assisting.

• Speed of response