Terrible breakdown company

• Speed of response

• Customer service

epRobinson411's review of Emergency Assist Ltd - www.motorbreakdownrecovery.com

“Terrible breakdown company”

Written on: 29/01/2021 by epRobinson411 (1 review written)

I bought my car breakdown recovery contract about eight months ago. When my car broke down recently I called the number I had for them. It took more than 20 mins for them to answer the phone and when I explained my problem they told me to call a completely different number and that they could not transfer me. When I called that number it took 25mins for them to answer the phone and told me that it would take 90 mins for a breakdown mechanic to arrive. I was also told that if my car could not be fixed at the roadside, it would be towed to a local garage. When the mechanic arrived he managed to get my car started. When I asked what the problem was, he said he couldn't say as the problem could have had several possible causes. I then drove home. A couple of days later my car broke down again and I so I called them to ask for assistance. I was then told that, as I had called them out a couple of days earlier, I would have to pay them £125 just for someone to come out. As I couldn't afford this at the time I was left stranded and eventually a friend helped me out. I would strongly advise anyone who is thinking of buying anything from this company to look elsewhere.

• Speed of response