Diabolical customer service

• Speed of response

• Customer service

CaroleA71's review of Emergency Assist Ltd - www.motorbreakdownrecovery.com

“Diabolical customer service”

Written on: 17/03/2020 by CaroleA71 (1 review written)

I bought an annual policy through Groupon for my daughter. She never needed to use the policy.
A year passes and I discover a direct debit has come out of my bank £40. I did not receive an email, they even suggested it probably went to spam but have not forwarded a copy as evidence of this.
You have 14 days to cancel, I was a week over on discovery.
I contacted them first to be told that as it was two weeks past inception date they would have to deduct £10 admin fee. After three weeks I heard nothing so contacted them again, to which they said I could transfer to another vehicle (no good to me as other cover is arranged on a newer car) and they weren’t liable to refund and I should go to Groupon. This is wrong as they took the first payment but EA or ‘2gether’ as previously known shows on statement so they took payment directly.
I again asked for refund and confirmation policy was cancelled. Again no response so followed up again. This time told policy was cancelled. Had to chase refund again, told again I could transfer- but how if the policy is now cancelled? I further emailed and they said they wouldn’t refund as policy had gone on too long - really? One week late? They may be within their rights but this is appalling customer service when I never even used them, though glad about that seeing some of the terrible reviews.

• Speed of response