Fantastic

• Speed of response

• Customer service

kirst1111's review of AA Breakdown Cover

“Fantastic ”

Written on: 22/05/2012 by kirst1111 (1 review written)

Brought a 1996 polo from a mate, only 37k miles on clock, worked fine, been trying to pass my driving test, so thought id take out this cover on it, paying approx £19 a month for home start, breakdown and garage repair.

Passed my test friday, took my car out Saturday and broke down, head gasket and valve issue. AA came out within 15 mins of my call, towed me to the garage, was so scared as i didnt think they would pay out as the garage quoted around £450 to get the work done, the car isnt worth much more than that. Its Tuesday morning now, and the claim has been processed, paperwork has been sent, and my claim has been autorised. Was really impressed. AA spoke directly to the garage on multiple occasions.

£471.00 to get fixed, AA has agreed to pay that, minus the £35 excess. so only cost me £35 to get fixed. So pleased i took out this cover or i would nto be able to pay this amount.

Only downfall is that i have to pay the £471 and claim this back, so i hoep that isnt a lengthy process. really impressed and would recommend to anyone.

• Speed of response

• Customer service

Dingding1's Response to kirst1111's Review

Written on: 11/06/2012

Sounds good. Agreed it would help a lot if they paid the garage directly, that way you don't lose out (after all, you had insurance).