AA breakdown garage repair cover a complete waste of money!!

• Speed of response

• Customer service

leonard8331's review of AA Breakdown Cover

“AA breakdown garage repair cover a complete waste of...”

Written on: 20/02/2012 by leonard8331 (2 reviews written)

i have today broken down in my car, the aa patrol was very helpfull told me the cluch bearing had gone and would be covered under the "garage repair cover" that was showing on his computer in the van!
taken to a garage who later called me to say the aa would not cover the cost of repair as i had cancelled my policy!
after ringing here there and everywhere garage cover team said i cancelled on 26/1/2012 member services said my cover is in place till march the 8th 2012 passed on again to customer support who told me the cover runs ought on 8/3/2012 but the garage cover was cancelled on 26th of jan due to a unpaid payment... this is due to my renewal price increasing! i told them not to renew my cover when its due (8/3/2012) so i could get a better price so cancelled the direct debit to my account as she said i was paid up to the 8/3/2012 but i was only paid up on the recovery side so missed the garage cover payment and thats where they are kickin me in the teeth!! been a member for a few years missed a payment because they told me i was all paid and i now have a repair bill from a garage of £395!!!

i have now cancelled my renewal and going with green flag who i have also used in the past and wish i had never left!

i have also cancelled my home insurance with them as i want no connection with them if this is how they operate!!

• Speed of response

• Customer service

Dingding1's Response to leonard8331's Review

Written on: 12/06/2012

Sounds like trying to save money, fair enough, but what do you expect the AA to do if they stop getting paid? Be generous and treat you like you are fully paid up? Maybe you got caught in that window of time, and that's just bad luck - your bad luck.