No compassion

• Speed of response

• Customer service

Djmonsta's review of AA Breakdown Cover

“No compassion”

Written on: 20/05/2022 by Djmonsta (1 review written)

They left me stranded 100 miles from home with a 2 year old because I wasn't allowed to use the service in the first 24 hours (?). This was 23 hours and 40 mins after taking the cover out.

• Speed of response

• Customer service

The Aa's Response to Djmonsta's Review

Written on: 23/05/2022

Hi Djmonsta, we're sorry to hear you've been left feeling this way. There is a 24-hour period before you can use the service if you want to use the cover on the day you buy it. We wouldn't refuse service, we'd offer a chargeable recovery for services provided on the day. We hope the team advised this at the time and you're all OK and got home safely.

Djmonsta's reply to The Aa's Comment

Written on: 23/05/2022

This was the next day and was very close to the 24 hour threshold (although I wasn't aware it was in place). I even said on the phone that if I call back in 20 mins then we should be fine but that also wasn't good enough apparently. I ended up paying a local garage £180 to come and help me, so yes no thanks to you we did eventually get home safely.

Mummy2Hhs's reply to Djmonsta's Comment

Written on: 05/06/2022

This review is helpful as I had an awful experience with the RAC taking almost a whole day to recover, with children in tow. Luckily highways came to the rescue, getting the children somewhere safer and more comfortable. The response from the AA to your comment here tells me all I need to know about what kind of service they are likely to offer in comparison. It's quite sad really, as I was hoping to switch to a more reliable breakdown service. I had a weird idea that they would be more helpful, for some reason.