AA WILL LEAVE YOU STRANDED- disgraceful company!

• Speed of response

• Customer service

Wiley204's review of AA Breakdown Cover

“AA WILL LEAVE YOU STRANDED- disgraceful company! ”

Written on: 16/09/2021 by Wiley204 (1 review written)

AA WILL LEAVE YOU STRANDED for 8 HOURS…. I HAD TO ABANDONED MY CAR

Yesterday (15/09/21 at approx. 18:30), my car broke down on a dual carriageway and I phoned AA breakdown to hopefully repair it and if this couldn’t happen, then I would be happy for my car to be towed home as it was too late to take it to a local garage at the time. They explained that there was major delays locally and said breakdown assistance would not arrive until 19:50. When nonone arrived at 19:50, I phoned back AA which they then said there were further delays and would come at 20:50. So I waited again. The breakdown service came about 20:43 but didn’t bother looking or asking me what the problem was.

They towed my car to a local BP garage and then told me someone will be coming in 30 mins to try to repair the vehicle. Then a technician (LJ Recovery & Repair) arrived nearly 2 hours later and shined a torch in the hood of my car, asked me a series of questions which I answered and he responded saying this is a recovery job and that there is nothing they can do. I then called AA to complain - they said there is not much they could do at this point. They told me I SHOULD HAVE READ THE TERMS & CONDITIONS then I would have understood the process. I called again to complain as I was stranded and did not have the means to sort out my car recovery on my own. I call again at approx 11:26 then log a new call for recovery to come and collect my vehicle. I was initially told LJ Recovery would come at 2:25. I did not receive any regular updates from AA or LJ recovery. NO ONE came to collect me or the vehicle so I ended up abandoning my car at 2:30am.

A lady on her own, it was such a cold night and I had been so tired due to waiting so long. I eventually called someone to collect me.

I am prepared to share my story with every news outlet/Watchdog available. I do not think this should ever happen to paying customers.

• Speed of response

• Customer service

The Aa's Comment

Written on: 20/09/2021

Hi, we're sorry to hear about your experience and would like to look into this. If you haven't already raised it please send contact us via our website so we can help.