Fast & helpful

• Customer service

Guest's review of AA Breakdown Cover

“Fast and helpful”

Written on: 25/08/2011

Reading the other reviews here, I think only people with bad experiences vent their frustration. It also makes a difference who they are sending out. I had to call them twice (but cancelled the first time, as my classic Mini suddenly started again) in the UK and found them professional at the phone. Quick response time the second time I broke down in the Cotswold, within 20 minutes. Even though he has a set time to help me out, it took him about two hours to fix my car. We drove three times together to a nearby car part store to try some parts and he showed me exactly what he was doing, as I was willing to learn so I could do it myself the next time. A colleague of his who was helping somebody out on the same parking, knew clearly more about old cars and fixed it in five minutes. He even had a dizzy cap for the old A-series engine with him! So even though my guy couldn't fix it, he persisted to fix the problem. If I would have had his colleague in the first place, it would have been fixed sooner, but you can't know everything. Good job, nice and helpful people and makes me consider to extend this breakdown cover for the next year, even though AXA breakdown cover is included with my current car insurance.

• Speed of response

• Customer service

Dingding1's Comment

Written on: 13/06/2012

Nice review. Those inclusive breakdown cover things never seem to be much use when you need them anyway - leave it to the experts - the AA. May not always work miracles, but plug away and the best option you have when stuck.