shocked & stunned AA breakdown just don't do it

• Speed of response

• Customer service

falcon309's review of AA Breakdown Cover

“shocked and stunned AA breakdown just don't do it”

Written on: 07/07/2011 by falcon309 (1 review written)

Where do start, well it started last October, when we purched the breakdown cover, we also got the mechanical breakdown cover as well, we went to France for xmas and we broke down on the way back, we called for assistance and but over there you have to go thought the french police system which amazingly wasn't to bad, he eventually got us to the ferry, so far quite good. now the AA step in and come in to there own or so you would think, we was told there would be an AA patrol waiting for us on the dock as the ship come in, the ship got in around 21:00, and yep you guessed it no AA patrol, so we called them and yes a patrol will be there in 40 min, we will call you to make sure its there.... well after 50 mins i called them back he will be 20 min, (baring in mind we have just had one of the coldest winters me and my family are sat freezing in our car)...
and so after 30 mins I called them and i was told the driver has to have a 45 mins break so it will be an hour..... 2 hour later the patrol arrived.
we got the car back to the garage a few days later, when tried to make the claim for the mechanical breakdown we were told "you should have had it done in the country you broke down in" i now have a bill of £1500.

ok so same car now fixed and the clutch had now gone as well, i managed to get the car to the garage as stopping on a major road was i felt unsafe. i phone the AA to claim for on the mechanical failure.. and you quessed it they told me " as you have got it to the garage and not called an AA patrol to asses the vehicle your not covered" aaaarrrrrggggghhhhhh.... if i treated my customers in this way i would be out of business very quickly

yours
steve

• Speed of response

• Customer service

Dingding1's Response to falcon309's Review

Written on: 13/06/2012

Ouch. As written, this is a sad story for the AA. Don't you just hate insurance small print. Its rarely as straight forward as the advertising. I think I will avoid mechanical/repair cover - they all seem to be underwritten by faceless money grabbers.