Lovely spot & lovely host

From 1 review

HHusmer's review of Rowledge Cattery, Farnham

“Lovely spot and lovely host”

Written on: 09/06/2021 by HHusmer (1 review written)

We were in need of a long term stay for our beloved family pets when during the pandemic rental housing was nearly impossible to find. It looked as though we were going to have find long term temporary accommodation for our family and that meant our lovely cats couldn't come with us. We looked for a location that was going to be both affordable and pleasant for our pets.

Rowledge Cattery offered just that: an idyllic location at a reasonable rate. The owner was very responsive and kind when I explained our situation and needs. She even saved the corner room for my cats as I expressed how difficult being penned up inside was going to be for our very outdoorsy cats. The rates went down significantly the longer you stay (which in the end we didn't need to use thank goodness) and the price for a second attached pen was only a few pounds more a day which made our pets' time there even more comfortable. She offered flexibility around scheduling (many other catteries were asking for payment up front due to the loss of income with the pandemic) which was very much appreciated as we ourselves were significantly affected financially by the pandemic housing crisis.

The cattery itself is in a lovely spot in the middle of the beautiful Surrey countryside--the only challenge was getting there as it's on a very small, bumpy and narrow dirt road--but I'm sure most locals aren't phased by this at all; and once we did it once (I'm American thus not quite yet used to the country lanes), the drive was far less intimidating. The staff, led by the owner, were warm and generous with their time and answers. I would definitely recommend and will happily go back when we are in need.

• Surrey