Avoid at all costs! ZERO stars/

hannahfp's review of Pole Design - www.poledesign.co.uk

“Avoid at all costs! ZERO stars/”

Written on: 16/09/2020 by hannahfp (1 review written)

AVOID!!!
Have just had such a terrible experience with this company.

Before placing my order, the person I dealt with is sweet as apple pie, accommodating and seems very helpful and thorough.
However, once the order is placed and paid for, prepare for zero customer service and delayed response to emails and calls. I had to chase for several days before finding out when our rails would arrive.
And once they did arrive we had terrible problems with running the tracks and opening the curtains. Highly embarrassing as we had work clients staying with us that weekend and their curtains would not open or close without 3 people manually pulling them. Not what you would expect from a top brand like Silent Gliss.

Upon calling and emailing, the response was that they needed "cording at both ends". One sentence, nothing else. I didn't even know what that meant and so upon asking I was told it would cost a further £150 on top of the already £480 tracks!
To give you some background we supplied EVERYTHING we needed in advance, we could not have been more thorough. I sent diagrams with photos and full measurements with descriptions of our order as they're hanging just underneath some very old and listed coving which we had to protect.
The same person I dealt with was unbelievably rude to me and basically refused to help at all.

I then spoke to a rep at Silent Gliss who was incredibly helpful and managed to fix the problem for me. Simple spraying with silicone. Apparently something they always advise but she didn't even think to suggest it. Instead she wanted to charge a further £150 unnecessarily, obviously to make more money out us.

She then refused to cancel my 2nd order which was paid for at 3pm and apparently by 8:45am the following morning was already in full production and too late to cancel (!!) Considering her delay in getting back to me I find this very hard to believe!!
Another £600 spent with a company I wish I had never come into contact with in the first place.
I usually deal with John Lewis but because of lockdown that wasn't possible in May.

She is now also refusing to refund me for some gliders and brackets that we no longer need (which is not in line with her Terms & Conditions, therefore illegal). Apparently the admin charges for her are greater and she will therefore NOT refund me for a product I do not need.

I am 40 weeks pregnant now and each email or phone call with this woman makes my blood boil. It's just not worth it.

Avoid avoid avoid. Go to a trusted company or use a supplier that Silent Gliss recommend. She wasn't even on their recommended list when I called them.