Biscuits OK, Packaging Is Terrible

bnCrouch206's review of McVities Digestive Biscuits

“Biscuits OK, Packaging Is Terrible”

Written on: 08/01/2022 by bnCrouch206 (1 review written)

I purchased a packet of Mc Vities Digestives last week. Noticed the different 'loose' packaging but thought nothing of it. Opened the biscuits a couple of days later.., every single one was soft although I could see no sign of damage to the packet itself. I did check.

Yesterday I went to a big superstore, bought a double pack of McVities Digestives. I hoped the 2nd layer of packaging would protect the biscuits. I placed them straight in my shopping trolley, they suffered no knocks. When I was back home, I found the outer packaging was whole. I could feel a slighty crumblyness to the top of one of the packets. I took the packet out, it was split at the seam in the middle. There were a lot more broken biscuits than I expected. I decided to put the biscuits in an airtight storage container to keep them crisp. As I did this, I found over half of the biscuits were broken, many of them were just crumbs. The loose packaging hadn't shown this when I just felt the package. The biscuits that were in bits big enough to eat were crisp though (at the time of opening).

But I won't be buying them again. The durability of the new looser packaging both for single and double packets of McVities digestives has not been researched well. I never ever had lots of broken biscuits in the old smooth close fitting packaging, if any of them were broken or crumbled, you could easily tell. This needs to change. £2 completely wasted.