Love on Three Wheels or Um, Don't Touch My Trike!

From 1 review

German Collector's review of Worksman Adaptable Industrial 3-Speed Tricycle with Platform

“Love on Three Wheels or Um, Don't Touch My Trike!”

Written on: 10/01/2012 by German Collector (4 reviews written)

Worksman Adaptable Tricycle: Worth The Wait and Worth Every Penny

Dearly Belov'd, we're gathered here to witness the union of this man & tricycle. Do you take this finely crafted trike to love, cherish, & maintain forever as long as you shall live? And pass down to your grandchildren? And to aid you in your household, business, and publishing activities? For Leisure, for FUN? And to electrify with a front hub motor Lithium Battery kit? I do.

The adaptable is impressive from the start. It's 85% assembled, & the finishing touches of putting on fork, handle bars, & front tire are easy following the instructions included in duplicate. It is built like a tank: wheels, rims, spokes, reinforced cargo platform, monster axle, & heavy-duty bearings seated in huge iron reinforced receptacles.

The front disk brake is excellent-kind of like what they use on cars for sure stopping. The Three-speed internal gear hub is a Shimano Nexus, & works very well. (I recommend you get the 3-speed if you're on the fence.) The seat, is a huge luxurious trike saddle, with special gel pads , & a weather-resistant rubbery soft finish. (The pictures DON'T do it justice!)

The ride: smooth & quiet, with the satisfying feel of precision machinery. This is the Mercedes-Benz of tricycles, I believe. Incredibly fun to ride, with a center of gravity that distributes weight intelligently for maximum stability. Rear coaster brake works great when you back-pedal.

Having tried and returned lesser 26" tricycles, I really appreciate the adaptable. This is the trike for me ;-)

As a writer, I just wanted to chime in and give voice to the classic that is the Worksman Adaptable. I have customized mine by adding a large, sturdy, waterproof box on the rear platform, which also houses my battery, speed controller, and can hold a LOT of cargo. I made a custom sheath (from a large bottle) to protect the very cool gear shifter and throttle from rain. I even made some custom fenders from a large sturdy storage box, that look pretty cool. These modifications help with the rainy weather here.

I used to never be into public displays of affection, but I will kiss & caress the Worksman Adaptable Ticycle in highly public areas-& I don't care who's looking. Um--Don't touch my trike!