Wheelies Direct Bike Replacement - www.bikereplacement.co.uk Review

OldGreg's review of Wheelies Direct Bike Replacement - www.bikereplacement.co.uk

“This is a warranty bike as the original one (which had...”

Written on: 07/04/2019 by OldGreg (1 review written)

This is a warranty bike as the original one (which had an issue with the front axle unscrewing, causing the wheel to come loose whilst riding, no one took it seriously) got damaged. I thought the Wheelies misery was over after two years, how wrong I was.
I knew which bike and size I wanted but there was a four month wait. Approaching the due date I called for an update and to my surprise it was in early (but would I have been sent the bike if I hadn't called?). I was given a delivery day and told that TNT would send me the tracking details so I could make sure I was in. That did not happen.
It did arrived on the promised day though so everything was good in the world... Until I tried to ride it, actually tried to stop. The front brake worked poorly for five minutes then gave up completely. Fortunately I was going through the bedding in process and only managed two slow speed stops before it gave up. Image what could have happened in a different scenario... Following the previous bike with a front wheel that would unscrew, I was not a happy cyclist.
I called Wheelies to inform them of the problem and the same helpful person who sent the bike and took my money underwent a personality change. Apparently the brake had been damaged in transit despite no damage to the box or bike. I was categorically told Wheelies would not send a bike out like that. It was agreed that a LBS should look at it and they confirmed that there was a considerable amount of air in the system, probably due to a rushed job of switching the hoses over before delivery. The rear brake had a similar issue.
I can not see how any company can be so slapdash concerning a matter of safety.