Insurance “replacement” of our stolen bikes

AndyBreezer's review of Wheelies Direct Bike Replacement - www.bikereplacement.co.uk

“Insurance “replacement” of our stolen bikes”

Written on: 02/02/2019 by AndyBreezer (1 review written)

Our 2 cubes bikes where stolen, don’t worry they said, your Admiral policy covers you so they will be replaced, less £75 compulsory excess.
Cool, then I’m passed to Wheelies and told that “accessories” are only covered to 10% of the value of the bike, so I make that £150 on my £1500 bike. So I’m going to be out of pocket as I had about £450 spent on quality accessories, and I wasn’t warned of any of this by Admirral.
But, here’s the thing which I feel is unfair, most quality bikes come with no pedals, so I had Shimano XTR Clipless peddles on the bike, which I am now told are an accessory! So does this mean it’s a choice to add them? I don’t think I’m going to get far without pedals do you?
I need to replace pedals so after agreeing to take a Wheelies Voucher to enable me to replace the bikes, I go to look for pedals on the website, I search “accessories”, no joy, then I stumble upon them, whereabouts, in PARTS, so after all, pedals are a PART and not an ACCESSORY.
Unfair rules costing me £100