Poor customer service

claireb707's review of Wheelies Direct Bike Replacement - www.bikereplacement.co.uk

“Poor customer service”

Written on: 15/11/2018 by claireb707 (1 review written)

Had my bike stolen and my insurance company sent me a voucher for Wheelies, no complaints on the choice of bike plus accessories. I asked them to fit the accessories (pannier rack and mnudguards) to my bike prior to dispatch (says on their website they do this) which they agreed to do. Had to chase them for a delivery date twice, apparently my bike took longer than they expected to get to them from the warehouse.
The day of delivery arrived as did the bike in a box nearly twice the size of the bike. I opened the box to find a smaller box of accessories - so they hadnt fitted them for me after all.
The mudguards were just loose in the bottom of the box under the bike and one was bent (this was easily fixable as it was just the metal bracket) however the pannier rack was bent out of shape - which I didnt notice until I had tried to fit it, scratching the bike in the process as the rack slipped out of position.
I contacted Wheelies who didnt seem to care less, I had to send the bent pannier rack back before they would send me a new one, unfortunately I had already disposed of the box the accessories came in before realising it was bent and I dont have another box of a suitable size to return it. So I am now in complete limbo with them
Not great service at all, wouldnt use them again unless I really had to