Shall I get your Bill?

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

KamrynPollard's review of The George Inn, Little Brickhill

“Shall I get your Bill?”

Written on: 12/09/2021 by KamrynPollard (1 review written)

Had Sunday lunch with a friend here today. Food ok - not very hot! Was asked after we had finished he main course “shall I get your bill?” We said “no, can we see the dessert menu?” When we finished dessert, again we were asked “Do your want your bill, or would you like coffee?” We said we would like coffee.

When we had finished the coffee, we were asked yet again,”Do you want the bill?” We said “yes please” and were then asked, “how would you like to pay, cash or card?” My friend said card and I said cash, depending show much it is. The waiter then came back with a card machine, already set up for payment of half the bill, together with the bill and asked “do you want to keep the bill?” To which we replied that we would like to check the bill before paying it!!!

I handed over my cash and the waiter asked “do you want me to go and get your change?”

Found this very strange. Normally once you’ve finished one course you are asked if you would like anything else not if you want the bill. Made us feel like we weren’t wanted or that they wanted to get rid of us. Don’t think we’ll be going back - not until they sort out their customer service anyway!

• British

Food Type

• £15-25

Average cost per head

• First time

How often do you eat here?

• Casual