Sixt Car Hire: Beware the false Claim in Spain

From 1 review

Butler216's review of Malaga, Spain

“Sixt Car Hire: Beware the false Claim in Spain”

Written on: 03/06/2016 by Butler216 (1 review written)

The Marriot Vacation Club hired a car for me for a few days from Sixt at Malaga Airport March 2016.
The car was damaged when I picked it up at the airport and had misleading documentation which identified damage. No rep was there to check the documents at hire. But I assumed their documents were in order.
On returning the car, I was told I had to pay for the damage even though I did not cause it resulting in a £300 excess. Despite explaining their mistake, Sixt demanded payment.
Sixt are unbending and use legal process with no opportunity to escalate through either customer service or their legal team. They just DO NOT CARE!
They demanded £300 which I have had to pay because they know you have to go back from the UK to Spain to fight it in Spanish courts.
They are corporate bullies and I believe I have been tricked.
I presented the evidence to my insurance company who covered the extra excess and they paid the costs. So I'm not out of pocket but I still feel wronged.

Dont hire a car from Sixt they cannot be trusted.