iDeaPlay BP300 PORTABLE POWER GENERATOR

From 1 review

JamesSheff's review of iDeaPlay BP300 Portable Power Station

“iDeaPlay BP300 PORTABLE POWER GENERATOR”

Written on: 10/01/2020 by JamesSheff (3 reviews written)

The BP300 power station will take my camping experience to the next level.

I got this cool gadget as a Christmas present and I'm really impressed. The build quality is really good and it has plenty of ports for all my electronics.

With a 67500mAh capacity, it has plenty of juice for phones, BT speakers, tablet PC, and other USB powered gadgets, the USB outputs include 1x Quick Charge 3.0 USB port, 2x 2.4A USB ports, 1x PD USB-C port. enough for me to charge all my portable electronics.

a 3 pin universal adapter is included so you can connect most plugs to the AC adapters which is good.

This also comes with a few charging options and a couple of leads, one for the mains, one for your car. You can also charge it via a solar panel which is a good solution for those longer trips away camping. It is fairly small for what it is but not something you'd really want to hike any distance with, a good solution for car camping or for a an off-grid cabin, etc.

There is also a fairly bright LED light which would be good for reading with or lighting up an evening when out caping and sitting up late maybe even for reading with. although I think I'll stick to my head torch for that.

I've powered it up and tested charging a few of my gadgets at home but haven't been camping with it yet, can't wait until the weather improves so I can try it out for real. I guess if I keep its power topped up regularly it will also be helpful as a backup if there are any blackouts, although I'm not sure id buy it solely for that purpose as it's not a big issue here. but for those who live in a place that had frequent storms or blackouts its a good option to keep things like a radio, phone or even computer running. although for things like a propper fridge and TV etc you'll probably need a gas power generator to run things for any length of time.

I wish it came with a USB type C to USB type C lead that I could use to charge my tablet with, but once I get one of those I can charge my tablet PC faster and free up a standard USB A port. Overall must say I'm fairly impressed, I checked on Amazon and it retails about $200 US, which I don't think it too bad considering the amount of use I will get from it.