Avoid

From 1 review

Emmb's review of State Bank of India UK

“Avoid”

Written on: 31/03/2018 by Emmb (5 reviews written)

My dealings with SBI UK over last two years are appalling!
The branch was very helpful when opening the account (funnily enough) but then my circumstances changed and my account became inactive. Later, to make account active again I visited a branch in Coventry with all documents ..spent 2 hours there (!!!) finally account active but told problem with internet access and was promised a call with update..did not happen and staff never answered phone I rang in 5 times.
The log in ID that was sent was not valid online, the passwords were not readable. Tried phoning many times. Gave up. Eventually account inactive again because could not access it.
So this time it is 3 weeks, 25 phonecalls and still, despite doing what they say I just discovered my account is still not active! Despite being told it was...I was trying to get the internet access going. They have a habit saying lots of pleasantries but in reality not listening, of not calling back, taking my details but not updating folder, saying wait 24 hrs (to everything), and cutting calls.
Even speaking to supervisor it’s the same.
I can not access my money or close my account! Avoid SBI!
Look on trustpilot, lots of bad reviews there. Avoid SBI.