Daylight robery

themsthebreaks72's review of Sainsbury's Bank

“Daylight robery”

Written on: 24/06/2021 by themsthebreaks72 (1 review written)

Do not use them. I took on one of their credit cards which was supposed to be interest free in order to pay off an overdraft I had with my bank. I did not use the card to buy anything, I just set up a direct debit and paid off a bit each month. One month I had to change the amount of my direct debit and I did so on their website. For some reason this direct debit did not happen and I was slapped with charges and interest. When I spoke to them they were unable to say why this mistake happened and I took it on the chin and went back on to the site to re-arrange my direct debit so it wouldn't happen again. Guess what? It did. I got slapped with more charges and interest and still do not know why the DD didn't work. Anyway long and short my husband kindly offered to pay the whole lot as I was getting increasingly upset. I phoned them to insure that this would be the end of it but was told, after paying off the whole lot, that I would STILL receive a letter charging more interest the following month. When I argued this with the customer service person she said that there was nothing she could do about it and kept trying to educate me as to the ways of their rolling interest contract. So next month I will be paying them yet more interest and after that I will NEVER use Sainsbury's bank ever again.