Fraud team & complaints dept rude & unprofessional

Gisella's review of Royal Bank of Scotland

“Fraud team and complaints dept rude and unprofessional ”

Written on: 06/08/2020 by Gisella (1 review written)

I had a terrible, humiliating experience when they blocked a payment without informing me. Then the rude fraud team blocked my whole account because they asked me a security question that THEY did not know the correct answer to! 3.5 hour round trip to nearest branch to unblock account. Of course I complained, of course they lost the recording that backed up my complaint...that seems to be the standard excuse! I'm autistic(asperger's),sickening anxiety during all this and the customer service lady asked me to bring proof of my autism to the branch. That was when I decided to close my accounts and switch to Santander I now earn £17 a month from my account compared to a laughable couple of pounds a year from RBS for my savings.
Dont use this bank, read all the bad reviews, go to a real bank with nice staff and a fraud team that doesnt actually make your life difficult.