Honfluer & Ruon 3 day break

• Food - quality & variety

• Entertainment on board

gnFitzpatrick459's review of Fred Olsen Cruises, Balmoral

“Honfluer and Ruon 3 day break”

Written on: 11/10/2017 by gnFitzpatrick459 (1 review written)

We arrived at the ship and the service was excellent. We were then shown the lift (not taken to our suite) which we had been upgraded to the top. Very large and excellent facilities but no dining room table or chairs which we did expect as if we had room service we had to eat on our laps. The food was not good. No waiter service at breakfast apart from a couple of items and tea and coffee. My husband is not very mobile so I had to get his breakfast for him. Tinned tomatoes on second day. Why no fresh grilled? We had to serve our own wine at dinner after the waiter poured the first glass. We have travelled with Fred Olsen many times including their first world cruise on the Black Watch. The food was well below standard. On the final night my seasonal salad consisted of a few lettuce leaves and and one third of a tomato. My turkey roast was a giant baked potato, bread sauce covered by three large slices of compressed turkey. Looked like something from a cheap truckers café. I said I would like a steak instead but was refused. On the morning of departure we needed to be out of our cabin by 8 am although breakfast was served until 8.30! At 6.55 the cabin girl asked if she could service our room which we felt was most unacceptable with our type of cabin. We have travelled with Fred Olsen for over 300 nights and have booked again (top cabin) next year but after this experience we are not sure whether to cancel or not. If the service you offer on a 3 day trip is your way of encouraging people to stay with you I would think again.

• Food - quality & variety