Midland Turf Rip Off

Guest's review of Midlands Turf - www.midlands-turf.co.uk

“Midland Turf Rip Off”

Written on: 26/07/2012

Steer clear of Midland turf. I used their on line calculator for a lawn area of 5 mtr x 6 mtr and it came back that i required 30 lengths of turf. I ordered 32 lengths to be on the safe side. I also ordered 7 ton of lawn grade top soil. When the driver delivered the turf he brought 30 lengths and said he would throw in another one for wastage. He then charged me and extra £13 than what was quoted on their website. When i laid the lawn i found that i was 5 rolls short and the reason for this was because the lengths of turf was 200cm x 40cm not 250cm x 40cm as stated on their website. The topsoil was full of clay and bricks which i spent half the day picking out. I have sent numerous amounts of emails regarding the short fall which i have recieved no reply and i spoke to a lady on the phone who sounded like she hadn't got a clue what day of the week it was and all she said was "i'll get a driver to drop it over to you". I'm still waiting. I thought the only way i would get my turf is to order another 5 lengths and just pay for it but they won't even deliver that. My only concern is that if i purchase turf from another company it will stick out like a sore thumb as not all turf is the same.

Click here for Amazon Home & Garden products