BEWARE

• Customer service

• Overall cleanliness

Jules7781's review of Manchester Airport

“BEWARE ”

Written on: 15/09/2019 by Jules7781 (1 review written)

I flew from Manchester airport on 09/09/19 with my partner to the Dominican Republic as it was a direct flight. We prepaid for extra baggage allowance but I was charged an extra £85 for excess baggage as the case was a couple of kgs overweight. I did not have a credit card so my partner paid on his card and the suitcase went on his ticket and I took his baggage on my ticket. We arrived in Punta Cana after a 9 hour flight but the bag we paid extra for did not. It was reported to a representative and he completed a form. Eventually after numerous phone calls we were told the case was still in Manchester and would be on the next flight which was Friday - 4 days later. The case eventually arrived but had a ticket on the handle saying that it had been X-rayed and examined. When I opened it I found that it had been rifled through and my Amazon Alexa and it’s cable had been taken along with 2 bottles of perfume, my hairdryer and some other toiletries. No one actually wants to take responsibility now. Everyone travelling from Manchester BEWARE - do not put ANYTHING of any value in your hold bags!!

• Poor