Need some people in the office who know about travel.

Thomson Airways
2.4
  • Flight on time?

• Customer service

• Comfort on flight

• Quality of Entertainment

• Quality of food

DIKLOMBARD's review of Thomson Airways

“Need some people in the office who know about travel.”

written by DIKLOMBARD on 21/03/2015

We had a flight with Thomsons to Tenerife, my partners passport was valid for the date of travel and return, but Teletext hols had said we needed 6 months on our passport after our return so I decided to check with Thomsons.
I emailed them to ask and was unable to get a satisfactory reply immediately and was sent a reply saying they would reply to us within 8 days, which was handy as we were flying in 8 days. So I decided to phone them and was put in a queue and told I would have to wait 1 minute to speak to someone which ended up being around 30 mins on 3 occassions and nobody seemed to know, but the 3rd person said they would let us fly if we could get an email from the Spanish embassy-so we phoned the embassy and they informed us that it was our right as an EU citizen to enter their country with the valid passport, but no way were they sending out an email to us. So I phoned Thomsons at Gatwick sat on the phone 2/3 times for half an hour until line went dead.
So we booked the last available booking with the passport office to get a fast track passport, so off my partners goes to London, £30 in fares and £46 extra than a normal passport only to receive an email in the evening saying we would be allowed to board the aircraft- great we are now £76 out of pocket for nothing. All in all I think I spent about 4/5 hours on the phone waiting to speak to someone who had some knowledge about passports getting absolutely nowhere.
GET SOME PEOPLE IN THE OFFICE WHO KNOW ABOUT TRAVEL ABROAD
Perhaps they would like to reimburse us the £76 we wasted.