Terrible Airline, 16hour Delay, No Dreamliner

• Comfort on flight

• Quality of Entertainment

• Quality of food

Richardson22's review of Thomson Airways

“Terrible Airline, 16hour Delay, No Dreamliner”

written by Richardson22 on 15/09/2014

Flew from London Gatwick to Puerto Plata, amazing holiday, terrible experience with Thomson. (was warned by others not to use thomson due to the terrible experience they had, mainly with delays)

Trip out:
-Arrived to check in, was told the Dreamliner was not going to be the plane used for the flight due to technical difficulties, pretty dissapointed but ok, we will have the dreamliner on the way back (hopefully)

-The flight was delayed 2 hours, the cabin crew arrived late ranging from 5 minutes to 45 minutes late.

-During the flight, a smell of rotten eggs could be smelled. This occurred every 30 minutes or so.

-The cabin crew were friendly and helpful.

The stay over in the Dominican Republic was amazing.
As we check out, we are told the Flight is delayed a day for unknown reasons.
We later find out the flight at 5:00pm on a sunday has been delayed to monday 9am.
Once again pretty dissapointed, no dreamliner and this would also mean i would be missing my connecting flight planned for monday evening.

Trip back to london:
-The flight was on time, however still no reason for the 16 hour delay!
-No dreamliner
-During the flight, the smell of rotten eggs was very potent again. This occurred every 30 minutes.
-My spouse and I got our seats changed due to us having booked specific seats on the dreamliner.
-The cabin crew were rude, and not helpful at all apart from the Captain.
-My partner had booked a specific meal for the trip back: she never received it.
-Missed my connecting flight to paris, which then made me miss a day at work.
-Was never given any information as to why the airline was delayed 16 hours!

overall experience = NOT PLEASED AT ALL!
I now have to claim for the delay and missing my connecting flight.

I travel a lot with work and have never had such a bad experience with an airline.
I do not/and will not recommend thomson to anyone I know.

Sincerely,